Blog & News
MPG Announces the New Power Systems Navigator™ for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
Boulder, Colorado – March 13, 2014
Midrange Performance Group (MPG) today announces the general availability of Power Systems Navigator by MPG for iPhone®, iPod touch® or iPad®.
The first of its kind, Power Systems Navigator by MPG allows users to browse an extensive list of IBM Power Systems, new and old, and compare the current system’s (or any other model’s) performance ratings with any other Power System.
Power Systems Navigator is designed for IBM sales representatives, IBM business partners, and/or customers as a first step in the capacity planning process. The app provides instant access to:
- Performance benchmarks (CPW / rPerf) for every Power System - new and old
- Power Systems Comparison - Set any Power System as a baseline for instant comparison to all other systems
- Active Core Comparison - Set number of active cores on the baseline system for comparison
- CPU Utilization Comparison - Set CPU utilization for the baseline system
- LPAR Core Calculator - Calculate the desired processor core setting based on “Room for Growth”
All systems comparisons calculate the equivalent processor core performance, same processor core performance and total processor core performance against the baseline system.
The app provides a great first step in performance comparison to help justify taking the next step of a detailed capacity planning using customer workload data.
Access to IBM Power Systems performance benchmark ratings is free.
Comparing systems and use of the LPAR calculator requires an In-App purchase of a Subscription for $19.99 per year.
Power Systems Navigator by MPG can be downloaded from the App Store℠ or by clicking on the link below:
Power Systems Navigator by MPG joins MPG's growing Navigator Family® of software focused on IBM Power Systems management.
For more information contact: Randy Watson
or Kathryn Camilli
via email or at 303-939-9648.