Blog & News
Download Notes for Power Navigator®
- Power Navigator® (PowerNav®) is a Windows graphical tool for capacity planning and modeling of AIX, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX workloads on IBM Power Systems LPARs, Sun Servers, and HP Servers. PowerNav also provides basic Server Performance Management support and shares the client software with Performance Navigator, which runs on Windows 95 and higher. Power Navigator gives Power Systems, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX System users access to days, months or years worth of performance and capacity data stored on their system. Users have access to the FREE Host Component and a FREE SUBSET of graphs
- During the 17 year life cycle of Performance Navigator and Power Navigator, as of 2018, over 15,000 companies have downloaded.
- Initially the software will take up less than 25 MB of PC disk space. Over the next several years, the host/server disk requirement might grow to 750 MB.
- The downloaded Windows component and the Host code provide the following free access:
- Perpetual collection of historical performance data, including data reduction software to reduce disk requirements.
- CPU utilization by &usr, &sys, &wio - example below:
- Trend analysis and other features on the graph.
- The ability to send performance data to IBM or an IBM Business Partner for a capacity planning analysis is also included.
- Power Navigator automates the collection and management of NMON and SAR performance data. This allows the user to avoid tedious manual data collection and reporting and results in real savings of time and manpower. This feature alone can more than justify the modest price of the software. Installation on Linux/Unix/AIX consists of one file transfer and the execution of three commands. It then automatically selects either SAR or an appropriate NMON/TOPAS version and sets up the data collection process.