Blog & News
Performance Navigator® requires an ODBC connection to connect to your IBM i system, but it does not come with your PC’s operating system. IBM has a downloadable they’ve titled Access Client Solutions, which we recommend our customers use to get that ODBC connection.
We created a tutorial video (don’t worry, it’s under 3 minutes!) to help you download the driver.
- Version 19 Press Release
(May 29, 2018)
- Performance Management Methodology®
- Download Notes for Power Navigator®
- Download Notes for Performance Navigator®
- If it has moving parts, someday it's going to fail.
- Top Ten Reasons To Collect Performance Data 7x24x365
- Cool Runnings: How education on MPG’s tools saved one company time and money. (PDF)
- Will VIOS Pushback Drive Direct-Attached Disk Comeback? (IT Jungle Article by Alex Woodie on Navigator Max®)
(September 29, 2014)
- Navigator Max® Press Release
(September 12, 2014)
- MPG Squeezes Entire IBM i Server Lineup Into Mobile App (IT Jungle Article by Alex Woodie on Power Systems Navigator™)
(September 9, 2014)
- Hardware Isn't Cheap
- When was the Last Time your IBM Power System had a Physical?
- Power Systems Navigator Press Release
(March 13, 2014)
- 2013 Overview (Video)
- 21st Century Time Shares (PDF of IBMSystems Magazine article by retired MPG Employee, Jim Young)
- IBM special case study on MPG's PowerLinux capabilities
- MPG Launches Web Interface for IBM i Performance Metrics (IT Jungle Article by Alex Woodie on EXPO)
(October 18, 2011)
- MPG & IDC Announce Partnership
(July 21, 2011)
- We All Cringe When We See This...
- Solution Providers Close More Hardware Deals
- Why American Employees Are So Unhappy
- MPG Introduces EXPO
- Gas Mileage and Server Sprawl
- Almost the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth.
- MPG Announces Enhancements to its Second Opinion Service (SOS)
(February 19th, 2010)
- Why Are Systems Programmers Always To Blame?
(June 1, 2009)
- AS/400s Are From Rochester, RS/6000s Are From Austin