MPG Announces New Versions of Navigator Family® - Now Available
New Releases Enable Customers to Manage and Model IBM's NEW POWER8 Enterprise and Linux on Power Servers
Boulder, Colorado - October 6, 2014 -- Continuing its commitment to making products available on the same day as new IBM Power Systems hardware, Midrange Performance Group (MPG) today announced the general availability of new versions of MPG's Navigator Family of products. This release coincides with today's announcement of IBM's new POWER8 Systems. Performance Navigator® Version 17 and Power Navigator® Version 7 are available for immediate download.
Performance Navigator® (for IBM i) and Power Navigator® (for AIX, VIOS, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX) support the newest models of IBM POWER8 Enterprise Systems and Linux on Power.
Navigator Family - New Features (in addition to POWER8 support):
- What-If® Data Center Analysis
- Required number of cores, frames, memory, and storage at selected "Room-for-Growth"
- Enterprise hardware, performance, and fiber channel analysis
- Support for AIX Topas data for capacity planning
- Before Versus After Analysis
- Simplified date selection and more performance metrics
- Ability to compare two different systems
- 3 Additional new features include:
- Overall speed improvements
- Improved virtual shared pool support
- Enhanced group functions
Performance Navigator-Specific Enhancements:
- "What's Different" IBM i Analysis
- Performance Report Card - comparing two dates
- Infrastructure analysis - What changed in the hardware or the operating system?
- Comprehensive Job Analysis - Which jobs are consuming the system?
Randy Watson, President MPG, said "In addition to supporting the new POWER8 servers, the new features are focused on supporting larger Enterprises."
MPG's Navigator Family of products enable customers to collect, analyze, report, compare, consolidate, and model performance data to any Power system. MPG's Navigator Family of products includes Performance Navigator, Power Navigator and Navigator MAX.
About Midrange Performance Group
Founded in 1990, Midrange Performance Group has been focused on helping customers manage IBM hardware performance. For more information, visit www.mpginc.com.
Midrange Performance Group